Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by Longbob
And this is coming from someone that thought Trump didn't have a shot.

This is going to be your default answer for the next 4 years every time you can't provide a real answer?

Just answer how "Only going to get the best people" equates to putting one of the brightest minds on the planet (according to you) in charge of something he doesn't know rather than in charge of something he's an expert in AND is a top priority? Is there somebody BETTER at Health & Human Services that Trump is going to get? Is Carson's opinions on the pyramids being built to store grain maybe something that he'll use to drastically fix inner city housing problem? Maybe he can use to that turn inner city projects into grain silos? I mean, I can't keep up with the thoughts that a brightest mind on the planet has...

Wow. You have some real issues working there. In a week maybe you won't be so uptight.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Carson is far from unfamiliar with housing and urban development issues.

Unlike most in DC and gov't at any level, he was raised in an inner city and in housing projects. That lends a bit more than a little experience. He was Waldo very involved in the design and creation of inner city revitalization, re-investment, and rebuilding efforts - including joint public/private school ventures - in Baltimore and was to lead one of the biggest of them after leaving pediatric neurosurgery until the LGBT mafia had him ousted at Hopkins because he wouldn't say they deserved more rights than others.

He'll be a very good choice for HUD.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As for HHS - yes; Price is a very good pick.

Surgeon General is powerless; why banish Carson there?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longbob
Wow. You have some real issues working there. In a week maybe you won't be so uptight.

You and Carson have the same problem.. not being smart enough to keep your yap closed when you are clueless rather than throw out something totally irrelevant.

Ben Carson IS a genius.. but has repeatedly shown over the last few years that his breadth of knowledge is quite specific and that he's lost when he gets out of his areas of expertise. Folks like John Bolton are brilliant and have a grasp on facts off the top of their heads in dozens of different disciplines. That's just not Ben Carson.

It's not like the head of HUD makes headlines, so I can't really see this as being a big deal. It just seems like shoving a square peg into a round hole in the hopes that 6 or 12 months into the job Ben will have a good enough grasp on the agency to make some big changes. And hope that what he does before he gets fully up to speed doesn't have some unintended consequences - there are a TON of regulations in HUD that surely need to be revised/removed.

I hope he does well.. But I'd have LOVED to see him take on the FDA and streamline the drug and medical devices testing and approval process or attack the pricing for medical procedures and medicine under Medicare/Medicaid.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
Carson is far from unfamiliar with housing and urban development issues.

Unlike most in DC and gov't at any level, he was raised in an inner city and in housing projects. That lends a bit more than a little experience. He was Waldo very involved in the design and creation of inner city revitalization, re-investment, and rebuilding efforts - including joint public/private school ventures - in Baltimore and was to lead one of the biggest of them after leaving pediatric neurosurgery until the LGBT mafia had him ousted at Hopkins because he wouldn't say they deserved more rights than others.

He'll be a very good choice for HUD.

I appreciate that info on being involved in the stuff in Baltimore.. I'd never heard any of that (I knew he grew up poor but that doesn't necessarily qualify him to fix it).

That makes more sense.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (1Longbow, 1moredeer, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,930
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.