Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
a jaguar in tx is nearly impossible. the whole scenario is false, and without logic or credible discussion.

a jaguar can & does walk amongst us, but jaguartx is a dude that has his beliefs and is sticking with them.

a jaguar running across the road at midnight under a full moon is nearly impossible to imagine.

what we have here is a failure to communicate. nothing more.

are you specifically referring to the melanistic phase jaguar, running across the road, at night, under a full moon, in Texas?

Because that would be almost impossible to imagine.

Even though, it is written, "the moon at night, is big and bright, deep in the heart, of Texas".

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
And yet Gus, a child can understand. WINK.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by jaguartx

And was accepted into a 4 year doctorate program at a major university after 3 years of pre-med. I was accepted a year early, before even completing my under grad degree. I was awarded an honorary bachelors degree in order for to award my Doctors degree.

All this was after completing a scientific course in Comparative Anatomy, no less.

Define "major", please, as it relates to and modifies "University".

Sycamore

No sense in that huh? I mean, since im an rn or, as you said, fleabottomist. Why dont you give it a break and fall on a sword as a real man would . Youve made an ass of yourself Sickermore, and yet you still want to bite an ankle and pretend you are still in the game.

I thank God every day Im not a nut sucker like you.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what defines a major university? how is it distinguished from a minor university? the football team? the dental hygiene school? the pulchritude of the cheer squad? share this critical information with us of lesser educational attainment, oh enlightened one.

Sycamore

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
[bleep] off, fiest.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what defines a major university? how is it distinguished from a minor university? the football team? the dental hygiene school? the pulchritude of the cheer squad? share this critical information with us of lesser educational attainment, oh enlightened one. Sycamore

Syc, you are asking a good question and in today's higher ed environment a factual answer may be fluid. For many years, to be considered a "major" university, the place had - in addition to strong colleges in several general fields - a very strong emphasis and reputation in research. Broad emphasis.

Then as the government greatly increased "research" grant funding to various colleges/universities the practice became spread and some "professors"actually were/are able to make jobs for themselves by writing grant applications and retaining grant funds for long periods of time (the school, of course, keeps a nice % for "overhead"). So, those in the know began to categorize the "research" schools as Class 1, Class 2, etc. and now - who knows what is major, but you can see the rankings in $$.

Now, it seems like a fuzzy photo - and many of the usual answer to your question may have to do with some of the criteria you listed.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope sniper - very nice of you to inquire. The specifics seem not very germane to what is going on here. "Hard Knocks" is the major university involved.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No sense in that huh? I mean, since im an rn or, as you said, fleabottomist. Why dont you give it a break and fall on a sword as a real man would . Youve made an ass of yourself Sickermore, and yet you still want to bite an ankle and pretend you are still in the game.

I thank God every day Im not a nut sucker like you.

You must be mistaken. That discussion was with a gentleman who no longer posts here. I'm not sure if he was asked to leave, or if he left of his own free will.

And he knew how to spell phlebotomist. Do you know if he was asked to leave? I never met the man, but some people I consider to be friends thought he was a pretty good joe in person, or on the phone.

I must admit, I had a grudging respect for someone who was asked to leave and abided by that.

Sycamore

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
antelope sniper - very nice of you to inquire. The specifics seem not very germane to what is going on here. "Hard Knocks" is the major university involved.

Yep.

A gentleman's going to experience a few hard knocks on his way to those credentials.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
AS, you also presume to have knowledge about my "major university" degrees that contest my contention, as you do my contention that Jesus is Lord.

Now, if you are similarly as certain, surely you would be willing to lay some long green to back up your denigration. Right?

Whoosh....right over your head.

Yeah. I reported major univ and you equated it to discovery channel.

I guess your reply means "no bet"?

Still over your head.

Or did you go to Liberty University:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus
a jaguar in tx is nearly impossible. the whole scenario is false, and without logic or credible discussion.

a jaguar can & does walk amongst us, but jaguartx is a dude that has his beliefs and is sticking with them.

a jaguar running across the road at midnight under a full moon is nearly impossible to imagine.

what we have here is a failure to communicate. nothing more.

are you specifically referring to the melanistic phase jaguar, running across the road, at night, under a full moon, in Texas?

Because that would be almost impossible to imagine.

Even though, it is written, "the moon at night, is big and bright, deep in the heart, of Texas".

speaking of melanistic phase black cats, i've heard tell that they've been seen as far east as the south carolina and georgia countrysides. and other places too. don't know if they are rare, or just difficult to see.

not to drift too far off course of the thread, but i can attest that the moon in Texas can be very bright. they don't call it the Little sister for no reason.

Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (2003and2013, 1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 61 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,057
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.