beretzs,

Been awhile since I wrote that.
Never could make myself happy with the 110g TTSXs.
The 110g GS-HVs shot ok untill I got into a new and different lot.Then they would not shoot.
I settled on 130g TTSXs.
I ended up running a load of Ramshot Magnum at about 3650 fps.
Think I smacked 3 freezer does with the 130 TTSX.
From 125 yards out to almost 300 yards the result was always the same.
At impact the deer would "flip" in the air and land on its back about 6 feet back from where it was standing.Kick a couple of times and die right there.
I've never seen anything put a deer down as fast as this thing.
It reminds me alot of what Parker Ackley said about the 220 Swift with copper mono Ackley CE bullets.
DRT.Bigtime.
I just took Ackleys concept and scaled it up a bit....
The 270 STW is not barrel friendly.At less than 500 rounds the tops of the lands are "frosted" about 3 inches down the barrel.Shame to do that to a nice Rock barrel but it is, what it is.
By contrast for the last two years I have been running a 7mm Mashburn.I do need to write it up.I have had long talks with Bob about it and I picked off 2 deer with the Mashburn.One with 150 Ballistic tip and one with a 168g Berger classic.
Both deer ran well over 100 yards after the shot.The BT deer ran 200.pumping blood all over the place.
All these shots were chest lung shots.
A 130g TTSX at 3650 in the chest will flip DRT a deer at least every time I used it.
The heavy 150g 168g bullets at 3100-3200 work and shoot fine.I got unreal accuracy with the 168 Berger.But for double lung shots, the deer will not go down.Dead deer running type of thing.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.