i have a 2015 f250 with the stock bf goodrich rugged trails LT 265/70 17 tires. it has 3.73 gears and the 6.2 gasser. it has manual hubs and manual transfer case and electronic locking rear diff. the little bit of offroad i have done with it so far has left me kind of depressed about its performance. need 4x4 in wet grass to get up my yard. anyway, i took it to the beach the other day and was going to go in the sand and went to lower the pressure to the recommended 18 psi that the park service recommended. when i checked the pressure, it was way past 60, probably 80 but my gauge didn't go that high. i thought my gauge was broke but when i compared it with my van, it registered 40 which is what those tires should be. i let out a bunch of air and got it down to 45. i'm thinking that could be why the truck has sucked in wet and snow. the mfg web site said max psi was 80 and i think that was what the factory had in them. seems waaaay too high to me for even on road use, let along off road.

what do you guys run in yours? i'm thinking about 45 should be right for every day use. i will head to the sand again tomorrow and run it down to about 18 but i think those things will look flat. i plan on letting it out at the gas station across the street just to see what it looks like with 18. i would hate to get that fugger stuck and have to get pulled out with a friggen toyota or something. smile

My diploma is a DD214