nice things about smallies is that the techniques and baits crossover nicely for walleyes also, fish for one and you seem to catch both

If I had to narrow it down, based on my experience up north fishing the churchill river.

I would have some crank baits, rapala, original floating in perch and brook trout colors. Berkley Flicker shad in crawdad colors and perch colors.

Mepps spinners in #5 and #4 sizes, rainbow, red/white and black/yellow.

Senko's or Yum dingers in watermelon or green pumpkin, texas rigged weightless and with bullet weights, 1/16, 1/8 oz

Never go fishing for smallies with out Tubes, green pumpkin, watermelon and blue/black.

And last but nost least kalins grubs 4" in Smoke/pepper, Chartreuse pepper, yellow and black. And lots of 1/8 and 1/4 oz plain round jig heads.

be sure to pack some 20 lb flourocarbon leader to tie on if you start having issues with pike bite offs, last time I was up north and didn't have any and resorted to tying on leaders of 40 lb mono, didn't seem to slow the bite any but helped to keep the pike from constantly biting me off.

Last edited by bluedot; 07/05/15.

3-7-77