A buddy of mine stopped by the house to show me his photos from Botswana yesterday. Looked like he had a great time but didn't have good things to say about Cabelas. Apparently, they neglected to send his rifle paperwork to Botswana and he had no permit come hunting time. Neither he nor his buddy were able to take their own rifles. The PH had two loaners and he ended using a Brno 375 for the hunt and his buddy a 30-06. He said that they also screwed up their flights and had a major snafu in London. I would have been really pizzed if I had to leave my rifle home because someone, who was being well paid, forgot to do my gun permit!

He is already planning a return trip but says that the safari company will make all his arrangements themselves.

A few years ago, Cabelas failed to submit their applications to Arizona for the elk draw by several hours and all applications were rejected. This caused all who applied to lose their loyalty point for 5 years and bumped them down the bonus point ladder a rung or two.

Seems like a huge company like this could get the small things right but seems this is not so.

Anyone else had good or bad experiences with their booking services?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.