Well.............

It appears to me there are the two camps on this issue. Those that believe all writers are whores and those that are willing to accept how business is done. Don't think you'll convince either side to change their minds.

I find it hard to slam anyone's integrity when I don't know them personally.

I ask this question: How the Hell is a writer supposed to acquire all the wherewithal to put an article together unless (s) he's rich enough to buy the material and rag he's writing for (b) takes discounts where available and purchases the stuff, or (c) prostrates himself and begs for "freebies" in any and all manner?

(a) If the writer is wealthy enough to purchase every thing needed for an article he probably would be doing something else besides writing the articles.

(b) A person known to give both positive and negative reports on articles that come his way, either through purchase or "freebie" loan demonstrates character that is above the moral acceptance line and reports honestly on his findings.

(c) the scribe that never finds anything wrong with material, heaps outlandish praise upon the item and appears in photo's decked out head to toe in brand name apparel most likely sold his soul to the devil and should be given short shrift.

Of the gentlemen writers associated with this board, I've never harbored the (c) feelings toward any of them, and believe they fall into the (b) catagory.

As stated earlier, I think it's time to bring an end to this overcooked turkey.