Sure hope he gets off...

From--http://madworldnews.com/father-drone-little-girls-arrest/

A Hillview, Kentucky man was arrested Sunday night for doing something many other Americans would do and not think twice about. In this day and age of constant government surveillance of our every move, it is certainly easy to see why he took action. Privacy is of a concern, and one man sought to protect his family from another prying person.

William H. Merideth had a complaint levied against him for a firearm, and the police were responding to that particular issue when they showed up at his home. Merideth didn’t lie, nor did he mince words. He immediately admitted to shooting down a drone that was flying over his property. Once shot, the drone crashed in a field near Merideth’s house. Meredith recounted his story:

“Sunday afternoon, the kids – my girls – were out on the back deck, and the neighbors were out in their yard,” Merideth said. “And they come in and said, ‘Dad, there’s a drone out here, flying over everybody’s yard. Well, I came out and it was down by the neighbor’s house, about 10 feet off the ground, looking under their canopy that they’ve got under their back yard,” Merideth said. ”I went and got my shotgun and I said, ‘I’m not going to do anything unless it’s directly over my property.’”

“He didn’t just fly over,” he said. “If he had been moving and just kept moving, that would have been one thing — but when he come directly over our heads, and just hovered there, I felt like I had the right. You know, when you’re in your own property, within a six-foot privacy fence, you have the expectation of privacy,” he said. “We don’t know if he was looking at the girls. We don’t know if he was looking for something to steal. To me, it was the same as trespassing.”