Joel: Thanks! That’s exactly the kind of info I was hoping for. As for the stock question it’s a McMillan Edge in a Rem KS pattern, comb is pretty low but I wasn’t sure if I might need to go with the med height to be safe. Thanks for the part no. also!

Is your 6BR a repeater? Any feeding issues? I have a 600 Mohawk action I’ve been contemplating building into a 6BR but heard the BR can be a finicky feeder.

Ackleyman: Thanks for your comments also! I had shopped Ricks store for the rings but just needed a little “campfire counseling” to narrow down the choices. I actually purchased the McMillan thru Rick a while back.

Tackdriver: Thanks for the heads up on the screw size (I will check!) and the pics… I think either low or med will work OK for what I need, I do prefer a somewhat more upright head position so the mediums might be more to my liking??? I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the Predator action was 6-48 and the Tactical action was 8-40… but again I’ll check.

In regards to Ackleymans comments, While I have several .280’s this will be my first Ackley. A few years back when I was just a pup I had a .280 built, my first and only custom rifle build. Several of my buddies and the Smith tried to convince me to go the Ackley route. Even though I was an “experienced” reloader, I didn’t really know anything about “Wildcats” or anyone that had done an Ackley chamber. I was intimidated by the whole “Wildcat” thing so I stuck with the factory .280 Rem chamber.

I shot that rifle a lot, it was my main hunting rifle but it shot so well that I occasionally used it for my Metallic Sil. Hunter class rifle... but I always kind of wished I’d had gone with the AI chamber. I started to have it reamed for the AI several times but that Smith had become somewhat known in certain circles and I decided to just leave her as built.

Fast forward several decades… a wedding, raising 3 kids, college $$$, (you get the picture) and I’m finally getting ready to build my 2nd custom rifle… this time around I think I can handle the “Wildcat”!!!

Thanks again guys!

I had better go measure some thread pitches and order up some Talley Lightweight scope mounts!

Last edited by JayDub; 08/02/15.