I think it would be a fine idea for here in Arizona, Enrique. I live in the Valley of the Sun and have watched the housing explosion the past few years. Areas I used to deer and javelina hunt just a couple of years ago not far from home are now rooftops and asphalt.

What most folks don't know is that although this is a large state, 1/3 of it is Indian reservation, another large segment is military basing/gunnery ranges, national monuments, etc. This leaves about 1/3 of the state as Federal/State lands. Another sizeable portion is privately owned and municapilities. Of that amount, maybe a 1/4 of the state is suitable for big game hunting. Even though the seasons and areas are staggered for hunting, the public lands are are crowded not only with hunters, but others wanting to recreate by hiking, horseback riding, dirt back riding and pleasure cruising. The woods get awfully crowded.

I'd be more than willing to pony up a small fee to help with additional land purchases for G&F if they had it open to hunting/fishing. As you know, a portion of the $10 million the G&F gets from the state lottery is to go toward such purchases, anyway.