Por nada.

I frequently catch flak from both sides of the baiting issue. I generally do not use bait, but I have no moral compunction against it. That gets me in the soup with anti-baiters. A lot of pro-bait folks will tell me that baiting's the only way for them, even some neighbors. So when I say baiting is not the way to go, I raise their hackles.

To me, baiting is an expensive, ineffective way to go about it. Most of it gets eaten by something you don't want to hunt. What does come, often comes at night, and saves the harder-to-find stuff for during the day. If the same money can be spent on other methods, the payoff is much better for both the hunter and the deer.

Our wildlife biologist contributed a lot of the articles to this site:

http://fw.ky.gov/Wildlife/Pages/Habitat-How-To%27s.aspx

When Wes Maddox was out at my place in early 2002. At the time, I really did not have a lot of money to spend on habitat. He said to try the no-cost and low-cost solutions first and see how it went. Simple things like leaving the corners of your pastures unmowed or strip-disking a few rows out in the middle of a pasture, or hinge-cutting a few cedars can do more than $100's of corn piles.

I'm sure Arizona is much different that Kentucky, but the principles are probably the same.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer