I've been playing with a wildcatted 300 RCM necked down to 7mm. The RSAUM is close to the 284 Win. when the Win is in a standard length action, and the RSAUM is in a short one. I can just equal the RSAUM by seating 175 gr. semi spitzers out to the limit of my M-98 Mauser's magazine. Both of these are a step up from the 284. Even my wildcatted 300 RCM x 7mm is still more than the 280 ACK. Imp. Plus, the RSAUM has a longer neck than the 7mmm WSM's, the 284's, or my wildcat, for that matter.
I've passed my idea of a 7mm RCM with a .321" long neck back to Hornady, as their special powder mixes could really make this thing jump, even in the Ruger short actions. It could jump start a 7mm B.R. rifle, which is usually a single shot. Then, in a standard length CRF action like my Mauser, it will slam 175 gr. spitzers out to 500 meters, using canister powders. So will the Rem. RSAUM. I can load three down in my Mauser M-98's magazine. The Remington 7mm RSAUMs will do the same thing, with two down. However, I didn't have to butcher my feed rails to make mine work, either. More importantly, my wildcatted 300 RCM will feed O.K., using the old military magazine's follower. The RSAUMs may require custom followers.

Last edited by INDYBUSTER; 08/20/15. Reason: diction