Originally Posted by jorgeI
Did you get your loads square Doc?

Yes, per text!

For the rest of yez... I talked to Jorge in a mild state of anxiety on Tuesday evening after an odd occurrence at the range that day. I've been shooting my 375 just about every day for the past month, mostly practice loads (300 gr Sierra GK's @1800fps), 20-30 shots per session. I did my game load workup a couple months ago, but as I don't want to use up my supply of (expensive) A-frames, I have limited use of my game loads somewhat (300 gr Swift A-Frames @ 2500 fps).

Anyway, on Tuesday I went out to the range after work about 6 pm, and put 40 or so practice loads downrange, then decided to shoot some game loads. I was surprised to find they recoiled much heavier than I had noticed before, and bolt lift was decidedly sticky. I called Jorge to discuss on my drive home, and only after we started talking about it did I realize I'd left my hunting loads in the truck all day. It's been running 105 degrees every day here lately, so I decided the loads must have been pretty hot from sitting in the truck.

Sure enough, when I rechecked them this morning, there were no signs of high pressure, and the chrono told me they were performing as expected... about 2450-2470 fps. I guess I can now say I've proven that letting ammo sit in a hot car(inner temps must have been close to 150 degrees, I'm guessing) prior to shooting it is NOT a good idea!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars