I posted my range set up on the .257R thread. Targets are stapled to a folded length of cardboard which is stapled to a couple of wood stakes. I put chunks of wood on the skirt part for stability. You can see the target bank in the left distance. It'll hold around 10 targes. When finished I fold it up, throw it in the truck and remove the targets when I get to the shop. Often I'll swap out targets during a shoot.

This set up is 3/4 mile behind my house on a major drainage canal berm, canal to the left, pasture to the right.

You see the PACT set up. It misses some data, even when perfectly aligned. It has been back to PACT. I even got their IR screens, but I'm not impresssed. This unit replaced an older PACT that died. The older one worked better than this one.

I have a Magnetospeed that works better than the PACT, but attaches to the barrel. I like to shoot one gun, let it cool, rotating guns so the one I'm shooting is always cool. The magnetic gun rack helps, guns with open bolts stacked like that cool pretty fast. I've found this method to be most efficient, no gun getting too hot with no lost time waiting for one to cool.

The Magnetospeed is less handy rotating guns. And, as reported by others, it's hard to keep the unit attached to the barrel. Recoil seems to move it forward no matter how tight. I may need to wrap the barrel with some magic Fire blue tape... grin

Oh well. Who said it was gonna be easy... whistle

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]