Hey guys,

Was in Cabela's today looking at purchasing some new bino's. Currently I have some older Vortex vipers (non-HD) 10x42. Purchased them back in 07. Anyway, getting tired of having to send them back to Vortex every other year for repair. Nothing major, usually having to replace the cheap eyecup assembly's that seem to bind and bend very easily. I am not a fan of the incredibly sharp drop off of the focus either.

I would like to step up to the next class of binos. I spent about 30 minutes today comparing models (10x42) in the store. The optics guy was pushing the Vortex razors pretty hard. I spent an evening last week using my father-in-laws newer razors next to mine, and I really wasn't overly impressed. Today, the more I switched between the razors, euro HD's, and Swaro SLC's....to my eye the Euro HD's and SLC's were brighter and more crisp. The razors also have that sharp drop off on the focus as well, compared to the Euro's and SLC's that seem to hold their focus point much longer. The SLC's seem to be just a tad bit crisper, with a tad more edge to edge clarity than the EURO HD's....but it was really close. I realize that using them indoors under artificial lighting is not the same as using them out in the field while hunting.

Anyway...I was wishing I could have been at cabela's this evening to take these two sets outside at sunset and get a comparison of how each gathers light.

Hoping some of you may have some feedback on your experiences using these binos in hunting conditions, specifically low light conditions.

Guess I might have to make the 3 hour trip to Cabelas again, this time in the evening.

Thanks