Look some of the performance up on youtube - it's impressive. While the wound cavities aren't as wide as a good hollow point, they go much deeper with tissue disruption and penetrate much, much deeper. The wound cavities are substantially bigger than a standard solid bullet with a spiral pattern corkscrewing through the medium.

I'd use them for 2 things:

-In a smaller caliber like a 380. The performance in the 380 makes it a viable option that would give great penetration and offer quite a bit more than a standard solid. This bullet makes my Glock 42 a viable option for carry for me.

-In a gun I'm using to protect myself from bears - namely a 10mm like my glock 29. A magazine full of these would be a lot for any critter to deal with. Watching the way the bullet breezed through 1.25" bullet proof glass gives me confidence that it would do the job on a bear skull if needed.

I wouldn't use these bullets in a standard carry gun like a 9mm or a 45 for the same reasons - I'd be worried it would shoot like a laser and go through too much stuff. In those cases a premium bullet like the HST or Ranger would do the trick very well.