So someday life is going to find me out of trout and salmon country and back where I came from. I've developed an affliction where I am drawn to and love fishing spoons. I like to troll them, cast them, jig them, buy them, and collect them. I have a monstrous assortment of every kind imaginable from teeny DickNites to giant Krocodiles and everything in between. I have heavy casting spoons, slab jigging spoons, thin flutter and trolling spoons all in a multitude of colors and shapes.

As a kid we used slabs for stripers but that was about the extent of our spoon usage. I don't want to get rid of them and have a hard time not buying more when I find a bargain. Do any of you see a use for them for bass, stripers, walleye, saugeye, sandbass, crappie, or any other warm freshwater species? Just a guess but I think some of the small flutter spoons and kokanee spoons like DickNites or TripleTeasers could be murderous on crappie if jigged in the right spots.

We'll probably take an annual 7-10 day trout fishing trip in the summer and I know they'll be good for that. Anyone ever use them for anything else?