Kahuna, here is an apology in my earlier post, I stepped out of line. You probably are just as much an ardent fan of shooting sports as I am and all the others who post on Campfire forums. A report on shooting 600 and 700 grain bullets: Loading the .458 Win Mag with .600 grain Barnes bullets, I found recoil to be quite manageable, a really big push. I made some 750 grain lead bullets with linotype, wheelweights and pure lead, loaded them with IMR 7828, recoil was enough that I won't do much plinking. The .460 Wtby was another story. The .600 grain Barnes with 110 grains of IMR 7828 probably has more recoil than my .600 Nitro with 900 grain bullets. I went down to 100 grains of IMR 7828, won't do any plinking with this one either,but should be enough for brown bear or cape buffalo. Ear plugs and ear muffs are essential for rifle is magnaported, blast is unreal. I wouldn't recommend that anyone experiment as I did with the .460 wtby, but since I did, it will be one great back-up stopper round. Are you familiar with the term (Weatherby Eye Brow)? I am and learned a lot. I hope you enjoy the report as I had a lot of fun, sort of, firing these big bullets. Bill.