HNS,

I've only mounted that TG you speak of on an AR for a friend and he's had good luck, but we're talking an AR...

A fella I know has the mentioned TG on a Moss 835 turkey gun and has shot many 3.5" turkey loads with it on the gun for years w/o an issue. That's getting closer to similar recoil wise(actually more recoil for the SG).

I will say that the TG TB on my buds AR seems to have a more crisp dot than my FFs or my Trij had.

I've run 3 of the Burris FFs on 3.5" turkey guns with success as well and they only run $200, but you can occasionally find the older models(FF1 & FF2) for around $150.

Redfield has their new little reflex out that's similar to the FF. Leupold wtty, so maybe worth a shot. I'm thinking about trying it on a turkey rig.

If you look at the design on many of the small reflexes, the locking feature is very similar. It's basically a plate that slides for vert/horiz movement of the led ray. Two set screws in the rear lock the plate once movements are made. I've seen some that don't really lock, they use a spring loaded ball and under the sets that you can snug and make the plate a bit more difficult to move. Fairly simple design really.

Good Luck with your search.