Luckily we really have no "topic police" here and it would be a shame to have to try and start a new thread every time someone mentioned something a little differant within a thread anyway.
<br>
<br>many thanks to all the participants in this thread. I have learned many new things here.
<br>
<br>Sooooooooooo..... I have one last question and let me make sure everyone here knows it is a question.... as I do not in any way pretend to be an expert on these matters.
<br>
<br>I have owned a couple 30-378's with what Weatherby described as a 28 inch barrel. But with the brake it was more like 26 inchs of barrel really in my eyes. When fired at night it was awesome (and scary the first time) to see flames literaly burst out of the muzzle brake. I mean serious fire here guys! From reading magazines I always assumed this was because they always said you needed a 28 inch barrel minimum to burn all the powder from the large case on the 30-378. Now I assume from this thread that it would of probably had flames come out the muzzle brake when it hit the air even on a much longer barrel.... lets say just for this conversation it was a 32 inch barrel. Is this correct?
<br>
<br>Again... You guys are awesome and thanks for hanging around here and putting up with what must at times appear to be silly questions.
<br>
<br>Tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.