Originally Posted by MissouriEd
I'll cast my vote for the 270 Win. All though pretty gay, I'm sure it was invented by Ingwe about 1996.

I don't either.....yet, but think the 17 rimfires are pretty cool along with the .338 Federal. I hesitate to buy anything rimfire and be at the mercy of the manufacturer/hoarders so therefor no 17's and I may never get around to a .338 as I now have a 9.3.

But seeing as how Missouri Ed brought some humor to the thread, I figured I get us back to reality (campfire reality that is)

My vote for "best" is the .25 TCM, not the .22 TCM but that case necked up to .25. I know it's less than 20 YO because I just "developed" it as I was reading this thread, therefor it's "the best"!

I intend to use it in my Ruger BH with the .25 cal bbl. I already have cylinders for 25-20 and .256 WinMag so I will have a new cylinder made for the new round.

Yes, I know it is rimless, that's OK too, I'm getting moonie clips made.

Case capacity is similar to the 25-20 around 18-19 gr so I'm sure I can get it to do anything the old gal can do but in a newer "dress" without a rim. I think it'll fit in a shorter action too, that's important right?

I'm actually thinking I might be able to whip her up around the .256WM speeds, again the impotence of going rimless can't be stressed enough. We are in the 21st century you know.

I might even be able to get it to exceed the .256 as I'm seriously considering having the chamber mouths (maybe even the forcing cone) impregnated with carmalube, cermaoil, or whatever that stuff is.

Maybe the best part is I think the magazines from the parent pistol can be made to work with the .25 cal version and then I just get a .25 cal bbl and I'll have a 1911 that can shoot .22, .25 and 9mm all in on one frame.

UBER, right guys? cool

Geno

PS, next on the drawing board is a .30 cal version to try to reach .30 Luger and/or 7.62 Tokarev stats in a "modern" platform. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?