All this gun needs is a trip to a REAL gunsmith! As well as being an ex pilot I have an A&P license as well and WAS a fair gunsmith, I swore the last time I took my 100 apart and put a military cleaning on it I would never do it again! Do yourself a favor and visit a real gunsmith! I guess I was lucky, my 100 would shoot with any Browning auto I ever shot and they to me were the very most accurate auto Ive ever fired, back in the 80's my neck of the woods went crazy over BAR's of any and all cals! very best WinPoor
EDIT, The old guy is dead and gone now but I knew a BIG gentleman that carried a true BAR in WWII, he loved that heavy SOB and said it pulled his and his platoon, squad whatever s azz out of many a bad spot! I had the pleasure of zeroing his late 70's early 80's IIRC, 30-06 Browning with a nice 3.5X10 AO Leupold scope, that damn thing shot like a custom bolt gun! I could not believe how accurate it was and we were shooting bulk GA Arms 165gr BT ammo!!!! Back then it was good ammo, we would pick it up at the gun show , Shrine Temple in Albany GA at very reasonable prices, the stuff was killer on Whitetails, head, neck, heart lung or high spine shots and they went down, bang flop like a sack of cattle mineral! This old fellow had not fired a gun from WWII until the late 70's early 80's..... The war had that effect on him, he showed me his 1911, 45, he kept it clean and wrapped up in an oily rag and I want to think the holster for it was heavy duck canvas? VB WinPoor