Bob, Good points - but hey - out here in the wayyy West, it gets dark as anywhere, just depends on what side of the time zone you're in and whether it's morning or evening. LOL Of course its whether in the open or in the brush. A famous gunwriter once wrote something to the extent of, dark timber, whatever that is. Well it's dark ass timber! Low light, it's relative like what folks mean by open country, long range, hard work or great rack. What it takes is seeing the target and the reticle well enough to get it done per one's need.

Not toward anyone but I don't consider alpha glass a viable otion nor, thankfully, a needed piece of kit. Not that it wouldn't be welcome, just not necessary. For me the Firedot Duplex is a low light killer. I have a lowly seconhand VX-R 3-9x40 and recommend it strongly to the frugal cheap. Day, night, early, late, Pacific or Mountain it'll get it done.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?