Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Count me in the "most bang for your buck" category. We just got a couple of the 150 qt. Coleman Marine Extremes (w/ stainless steel hardware) for $100 ea. at Coleman. I saw a 160 qt. Yeti yesterday for $680. I didn't know they came with accessories available. A seat cushion for the lid was $180. As rough as we are on coolers, I don't see a Yeti outlasting 6 or 7 of the Coleman's. We rarely have to buy ice anyway. To each his own.

If it were not for the ability to hold ice quite a bit longer in certain instances, I"m with you totally... run other coolers and can replace.

Though Coleman/igloo rarely last more than a few years for us lately. If the replacment hinges etc... were not half the cost of a new cooler sometimes it would make sense.

Why Coleman/igloo couldn't toughen their parts, and coolers and then give em double thick insualtion, for only double the cost and beat the heck out of the big boys is beyond me.

I'm still liking my 100 engel though I got somewhere a long while back for 120 bucks... Its outlasted 2 new igloos so far.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....