Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
Which Kifaru setup do you have? What's the best frame/bag combo?

What sort of hunt are you planning? Multi-day backpack with no vehicle or base camp support? Day hunting? That will influence pack choice a ton.

I run the AMR bag on a Duplex frame, but much of my hunting is 10-12 day backpack hunts with no support from a base camp so I like the huge bag. In the last 2 seasons I've had 17 animals in that setup and it has been absolutely awesome.

Tanner

I'm hoping to do 3-7 day type hunts. I'm just now getting started, so I'm not sure exactly what I need. Thanks for any help.

I like a really big bag because that extra space is easily compressed and basically goes unnoticed if you aren't using it. Also, running out of bag space when you really need it is REALLY sucks. If you wanted to go 7 days, I'd take a look at Kifaru's Duplex frame and one of the AMR bags, a Timberline 1 bag, or their new Argali bag. Throw a few hip pockets on there and you are ready to rock.

This pack had an entire boned out sheep (ribs on the rack) all my gear, and a light camp in it (no tent) with some room to spare. It really can handle a crazy amount of gear but still compress down just fine for day hunts. I'm vocal about my love for Kifaru because they work.

[Linked Image]