Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Travis,

I've used the 28 quite a bit over the last 15 years or so, and it works fine for 90% of bird hunting. Have never had any problem killing sharptails and wild roosters out to 40 yards with the right choke and load, and have killed big sage grouse out to 47.

Yes, the 20 will do anything the 28 will ballistically, but the problem with most American 20's is they're too big and clunky, because they're chambered for 3" magnums. As a result they're not much different than 12's used to be before the 3" 20-gauge became the In Thing, usually weighing around 7 pounds.

Have owned and hunted with several 28's, but the only one that stuck (and the shotgun I use for most early-season upland hunting) is my 5 pound 2 ounce Fausti side-by-side. It can be carried easily all day even by old farts like me, and kills stuff fine.

I did an article on why the 28 works so well a few years ago for HANDLOADER, which looked at all the myths and misconceptions. Factory loads will do it all, but handloading is easy and makes the 28 even more versatile.

Do you see ammo for it a lot? Big R always has a bunch but I'm not sure if that would be the case everywhere.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house