Originally Posted by rjf
I was going to get a Terra until I actually went and looked through one. I didnt like it. My boy has a 3-9 conquest that is top notch and I really like that scope but in my opinion the Terra does not match up.

I'm curious what it was you didn't like when you looked at the scope. One reason I ask is that when Mule Deer tested the scope it showed the Terra 3 to be optically right there with the Conquest. As far as dependability goes I've not yet read of a failed Terra 3 so realistically it is entirely possible the scope is every bit as touph as a Conquest.

One thing for certain the Terra 3 is more compact and lighter that certainly is very useful for mountain or packing application.

The only place I can see where the Conquest has a useable utility that the Terra doesn't is if one require 1/2" more eye relief.

I suppose the dependability verdict might still be out though ones on this forum that have used them as far as I know have had zero issues which seems to be a Zeiss trait.

There seems to be a lot of window shoppers who have developed an opinion of the Terra 3 that is most contrary to those who have actually used the scope in the field.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok