The only trouble with my 9422 is that I don't want it to get scratched and it sits in my safe too long at a time.

I had horrible luck with my Marlin 57. My bother got one at the same time and his was as bad as mine. Trigger pull from the factory was over 15 pounds for both rifles. Dad had bought them for us, for walking bean fields all summer. He thought the safety was stuck on. With the narrow trigger, it was like a knife on the trigger finger. He worked on the rifles and got the trigger pull to be about 4 pounds. Shooting it after several years there were issues with powder/gas coming back into my eye/face when I shot the rifle. Finally it started falling a apart on it's own. Luckily I traded it off after piecing it together. Never have I seen a more worthless piece of crap that was branded a rifle. I hated lever actions and swore I never would get another. Then dad gave me a Model 92 Win and my attitude changed.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally