Originally Posted by _tom_
Just to keep this ancient thread alive...
The sale of I.H. Anderson's factory happened a couple/three years after WWII. At that point the manufacturing of knives has been transferred to S&S Cutlery, with whom Ira had marketing agreements for marketing for years, likely many more than 10 years. As preparation for the transfer, Mr. Anderson had worked with S&S regarding a modification to the pewter inlay design, and S&S obtained a design patent for that in 1948 or so. I don't know how long S&S continued manufacturing knives using Ira Anderson's proprietary "recipe" and his highly effective tempering process, but I have a feeling that it didn't go much past the time that Ira died. S&S is still in existence. Maybe some day I will try to find out if they can answer that question.
Ira Anderson's obituary was published on July 2, 1954. That would have made him 90-91 at the time he passed on.

Lawdwaz, that knife is probably worth more to you than to most other people, now that you know something about it. They seem to go for $15 to $35 if they sell at all. I don't know anyone who collects them (though maybe I do...heheh). I have about a dozen of his knives now, including a couple of S&S Cutlery versions. I continue to think they are outstanding tools, and take real pleasure each time that I have the opportunity to use one - which is most every day.

Hey, where you been?? smile

I'm heading to the basement and check on my knife...........do you have any pictures of your Anderson knives?