In my experience GameKings do OK when impact velocity is pretty modest. I still use them in some cartridges but keep muzzle velocity below 2700 fps. Many years ago had one leave its jacket at the entrance hole on a mule deer only 100 yards away, but that bullet was started at over 3000 fps.

Had the same thing happen with a 105-grain Speer Hot-Cor started at around 2800 from a .243 Winchester--at 250 yards. Yet some people insist Hot-Cors are bonded-core bullets, something they could easily disprove by cutting one in half lengthwise with a hacksaw. Like any standard "hunting" bullet, I've had my best luck with Hot-Cors when starting them at modest velocities.

Another bullet "designed" for big game I've seen fail miserably has been the Winchester Silvertip. On one occasion a 150-grain from a .30-06 factory load broke up on the shoulder joint of an eating-size mule deer at 200 yards. Luckily, it was open sagebrush country and I was able to track the buck down within half a mile and put another in the ribs, which made it inside. Found the empty jacket from the first Silvertip flattened against the ribs behind the shoulder. Have never seen Bergers do that, despite having seen quite a few hit shoulder bone on deer and other deer-sized animals!

Also once saw, in the span of a few minutes, several bonded 300-grain "super-premium" bullets fail to penetrate the chest cavity of a bull water buffalo. The first broke a shoulder joint, and (like the empty jacket of that Silvertip) was found against the ribs behind the shoulder, looking like a thick nickel and retaining less than half its original weight. Several more did similar things, so the problem wasn't just one defective bullet.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck