Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Order and Edge stock and PTG aluminum bottom metal (or go blind mag on the stock but you'll have to grind the current mag box). Sell the current stock and bottom metal (which is very nice, just heavy) to get some of the extra cost back.

Not what you wanted going in to this, but it will achieve your end goal.

Or sell it and buy a Kimber Montana and be money ahead. grin

Even if I had bought a Montucky I'd be swapping barrels, as I wanted a 1:8 twist. The MRC's judicious magazine was a plus as well. I just wasn't expecting it to be as heavy as it is turning out to be.

Rifle & Scope 8lbs 7.5oz
[Linked Image]

Rifle and Bases 7lbs 9.5oz
[Linked Image]

Scope and Rings 14oz
[Linked Image]

I emailed MRC about the difference between actual and advertised weight and the VP of Sales and Marketing basically told me to pound sand in a polite manner.

Chad,

We are very sorry to hear about your disappointment. Yes the rifle weights are approximates and are being updated on the website as the rifle stock design changed over the last year from using a 3 lb foam and Fiberglass to using a 6 lb foam mixed with Glass strands and Carbon fiber with Kevlar reinforcements.

We will continue to look for ways to make our products better, stronger and sometimes lighter. But weight has never been a consideration on the priorities of the design. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused but I do thank you for the information. We can only succeed when our customers give us information about the products and how they would like to see them better.

Jeff

Jeff Sipe, VP – Sales & Marketing

Wow!!!

That Dud needs someone to teach him how to respond to disappointed customers....

Or just someone to kick the pomp out of his ass.

That's funny as heck, mind if I use it?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001