Tedthorn's excellent Rifle Sling Anti-Slip........The Frankenstud thread reminded me I'd made a couple pack mod's myself a couple years back. Never got around to posting them, but they're simple and easy.

I tried the Dark Mountain "Slingsaver", and found it essentially worthless as its wrap-around strap rubbed into my shoulder making it raw... I chucked it in the trash and built my own.

Went down to the hardware store and picked up these pieces:

[Linked Image]

Drilled through the rubber stopper, and fastened the whole thing to a Nexus patch (found online or a climbing shop):

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The rubber stopper has, as the old-boy said, "gription." I'd love to have one of Tedthorn's cylinders instead as I think it's even better, but I prefer my mount system as it's movable on the shoulder strap position-wise (up and down), doesn't put a hole in the shoulder strap, and doesn't put a big washer next to one's skin.

But I'm going to "borrow" his stud design... it's excellent! laugh

Next mod came because I got sick of hearing my fiberglass stocks rub against the shoulder strap adjuster. I took an old Neoprene scope cover, cut the end off, made a slit at the end, and attached it to the shoulder strap covering the adjuster:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery