I recently sold my 20" 460 S&W Encore barrel. Accuracy was very good, about 1.5" at 100 yards. I was using handloads with the 200 gr. Hornady FTX at around 2850 FPS. Never shot a deer with it, but nearly cut a coyote in half at 30 yards.

My encore setup with this barrel weighed around 7-3/4 lbs, recoil was brisk, but not too bad if range sessions were limited. I could get through 20 rds no problem off the bench. However, any more than that and my shoulder started to get "tired". Comparatively, this barrel is right on the heels of a .338 Win Mag (200 gr. @ 3000fps), in a lighter rifle.

Then we get to the part that I couldn't tolerate, and that was the muzzle blast...holy crap! Shooting this rifle within an enclosed box blind made my ears ring for several hours afterword. After that experience, I had to wear plugs or muffs while hunting, which was inconvenient.

That being said, I've owned a 450 bushmaster in an AR style rifle before. Way more than enough power for deer, but I would choose the 460 due to bullet choices and the fact that hunting with an AR style rifle is awkward and unconformable when compared to an old school bolt gun or single shot.