I have shot just about everything out there (not saying I am an expert or nothing like that) but for my money if I were starting all over again,Winchester longbeard hands down. It is great stuff with the best patterns I have seen out of a lead shell. The patterns will equal or better any I have seen.
Hevi comes in a close second but at about double the price.
I could not find a shell/choke combo that my gun liked with Fed. HW, and while Nitro shells patterned good, the price and super long wait (and not knowing if you were going to get the shells or not) made them more of a hassle than they were worth, did I mention the price!

People will tell you that you need #4 or #5 or even #6 shot but I have shot them all and it is about a combination of choke/shell/and shot size that will give you a good pattern. I have found (for myself and my guns/chokes) that #6 works well for me. I have tried #5 and #4 in the same shells/chokes/guns and did not like what I saw.
Just about any shotgun and shell will kill a turkey if it is in range but if you are looking for a dense pattern and clean kills, you have to play with all three (shells/chokes/guns).
It is a whole lot like hand loads for a rifle, what works in one will not shoot worth a crap in others.

This is my $.02 worth and your mileage may vary....

Last edited by pullit; 01/14/16.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....