Originally Posted by WhelenAway
One member here said they will drop in a 700 stock as well, so lots of nice upgrade options.

If I may . . . had an opportunity to put my hands on a B-14. For grins and giggles, we took it and a Rem 700 out of the their respective stocks.

The Bergara is a tight fit in a 700 SPS stock. The recoil lug (a fixed lug) is ~.085" wider than a factory Rem 700 lug. Probably not an issue if you chose to install an aftermarket stock (McM, B&C, etc) as there is generally some play in that area and can be taken up with bedding.

Also, the web between the trigger inlet and magazine inlet would need some attention. The adjustment screws on the front of the trigger interfere and would not let the back of the action to drop into the stock. (Note: On some stocks - McM HTGs as an example there is no filler between the trigger area and magazine well.) Because the rear of the action did not sit down into the stock, we were not able to determine if there would be any interference to the side bolt release of the Bergara.

We did not compare the fit of the Remington bottom metal fit in the Bergara.

Good new? Bad news? Take it for what it's worth.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.