Originally Posted by JamesJr
I knew when they lost Cobb it was probably about over, and it was. Still, they did better than most people expected.

... and Cobb's injury was only the latest in a long string of injuries this year that crippled the Packers throughout the second half of the season and the playoffs. Their record when they were healthy, up to Week 6 of the regular season, showed what they could do if they remained healthy.

The work done by the backup-backup receivers last night was pretty damn good. Unfortunately, they haven't worked with Rodgers enough for them to know the reads like Nelson & Cobb do, so there were a lot of "airball" passes that looked like Rodgers making a bad throw when in fact the receiver simply didn't know he was supposed to be going where the ball was thrown.

Regardless, it was a great game. I felt sorry for my daughter and son-in-law, who watched it with me in their home in Green Bay. They live and breathe Packer football, it was a heartbreaker for them.

Oh, well. They'll learn. I've been a Cowboys, Packers, and Notre Dame fan since the 60's. After a while you get used to watching your team go down in flames.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars