Time to get down to business I guess. Took the Leupold 2.5X compact off and replaced it with a Millet SP-1 red dot, went to the range and zeroed.

I was pleased to see the average group size hold together with the dot sight. Started with a couple of groups at 25 yards, then moved to the 50. About 3/4" with a 3 MOA dot is fairly consistent with other guns I've used them on and that's what I got. At least until I put the can on. It is common to have a shift in POI with one installed but I was a bit surprised by how much for this rig. POI went down 6" and right 1".

Wow....thought I'd missed the entire target board at first. Nonetheless, once the dial was cranked it came back up to where it belonged. Mystery I won't worry about much actually, it isn't likely I will shoot the gun much w/o the suppressor. Load was 6.4 gr. Li'l Gun, Dan's special mystery wax lube, nominal MV of 1025 fps. Two groups @ 50 w/o the suppressor averaged .86" and two with averaged .55", 3 shots each.

I've done a bit of examination with some ballistic software and find the consensus is that the bullet BC is ~.399 at the velocity I'm using. Zeroed 1/2" high at 50 yards gives fair close to dead on at 60 and close enough to .25-.7" high at 10 yard intervals starting at 20 yards. 90% of my shots at critters in this AO are inside of 30 yards, more often less than 20.

For anyone that is interested, the report is very muted. It sounds about like a medium soft cough or a....muffled sneeze. You know I had to say that, right? laugh

A bullet recovered today from damp sand actually gained a 1/2 grain of weight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm good to go.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain