Savage 99F in .358W - 1958 model (1958 is the best I can tell from research).

NOT a rebarrelled gun. Pics are poor and show worse than the actual gun. Sorry about that.

Great bore, shoots very well. Honest 58 years of hunting use. Barrel has mild rust flecking in spots but should clean-up very well with a copper rod rub (i.e. copper is softer than steel and blueing and a copper/oil rub will improve most old guns greatly).

Lever and trigger were polished bright before I got her (reblue or replace would be my suggestion). Pistol grip cap is missing and recoil pad is old and worn (replace IMHO). Wood is very solid and honest. Finish is original. Action is wonderful.

FYI, recoil is mild (.308 mild), ammo is readily available and very reasonable ($23 a box).

TRADES (plus cash from me) on .375 RUM to a max. of .460 Weatherby... for now... is WHAT I AM SEEKING.

Cash price will follow later if I do not get any trade offers.

Standard good guy IDs and standard 5 questions from me about you legal ability to own/buy/trade a firearm for Virginia buyers/traders. Out of state will of course be FFL transferred. Shipping will be resolved with the trader.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

*This rifle is being sold from my private collection without the principal motive of making a profit.

** Peanut gallery fools and internet keyboard pussies, need not respond.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/22/16.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.