Well, Rick at Extreme Rifleworks did it! I wanted to replace my RAR stocks with a better handle, and didnt want to go with wood, or laminate. With the RAR bedding system, this creates a bit of a problem. So we figured that if you can bed the Ruger "V-wedge pillars" into a quality stock, the problem will be solved.

I gave him two of my RAR's and he cut the section with the pillars and mag box out, to include the triggerguard also. He then thinned the cut section out, and widened the MPI and B&C stocks to let the section of Ruger stock drop in. It took alot of fitting, but he got it to work. In the following pix, the green/webbed stock is the MPI, and the Tan/gray/webbed is the B&C.

The thought here was to greatly improve the stock on the factory RAR, which he did superbly! Sure, it was made to be an inexpensive rifle. But, the thought here is that if you have a couple RAR's, you can switch the stock to any of them, and have a quality stock on a great shooter. Or, put as many on as you want! Just free float your largest bbl contour and you are good to go.

The green one is my 300 Blackout, and the light colored one is my stainless 223 Compact. Targets were shot last week and yes Im happy with the rifles!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]