I've hunted a bear tag on the crazy french, back in day through RFW. Took a decade of preference points to draw the tag. Never saw a bear, though there were plenty of them. Exceptionally wet year. That plus most of the area thickly covered in scrub oak. I did however, see hundreds of elk and several bulls 350+.

Granted this was 15 years ago and a lot can change.

The one thing I can tell you is that the ranch was owned by truly a crazy french lady. Evelyne Jung - eccentric won't even come close to her level of crazy. Her husband bought the ranch and wanted to turn it into a wildlife haven. He hunted it himself for awhile, then turned it into a business. After he passed Evelyne took over running the ranch.

The staff that worked for her must have been saintly to put up with her. I don't know about their herd quality nowadays. But I can tell you that the ranch focus was rich european businessmen. Back then the exchange rate was more favorable so it was a little bit of a deal. But the ranch operated on a trophy fee based on the score of your animal. Top trophy fees were near $25k.

I personally would NEVER pay to hunt that property, under her operation. Based on what I saw you'd be better off going with a reputable outfitter, whose intention was to get you an opportunity to possibly shoot an animal. When I was on the ranch the paying clients had a difficult time finding elk big enough for their liking. They were promised 350+. They could have shot mature elk, almost every day.

Things may have changed, and the outfitter you mention was certainly not part of the crazy french ranch when I hunted it. There are definitely elk on that ranch. If your buddies don't have to deal with Evelyne Jung, then maybe it will be alright. If I was hunting that ranch I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the first mature 6x6 bull elk I see, holding out for a 350+ is a recipe for tag soup on that place.