So using IMR-4227 doesn't need heavy crimp? No need to crimp in groove for jacketed bullets? I tried a few loads of IMR-4227 in 44mag using 240gr bullets. Seemed like I needed to compress near max load trying to crimp in groove. Didn't seem better than H110. Haven't tried IMR-4227 in 445SM yet, may work better in the longer case. Use a lee carbide factory crimp die? Rcbs taper crimp die? AA1680 powder need med/heavy crimp in groove?

Not really looking for max. speed, tight groups is my goal. Don't really want to shoot heavy 300gr bullets though. Right now my 240gr xtp's are approx. .135 off lands. Not sure if crimping farther back(making bullets closer to lands) will help. May have to try if acceptable practice. I do want loads to fire properly from 20F-75F. Couple of my loads looked promising. Need to be very consistent loading/shooting.

I have some IMR-4227 powder to try, Hodgdon reloading data shows no loads for this powder in 445SM. May want to try AA1680 also. Have a box of old Hor. 265FP bullets also to try.

Would like to see the Sierra loads.

Thanks