There is a thread on AR about whether or not to use a meet and greet service in Joberg. The majority recommended using such a service to expedite going through SAPS and avoiding all the potential hassles and need for potential bribes.i have only one experience with SAPS and it was not pleasant. The outfitter somehow neglected to have his outfitter number on the letter of invitation. SAPS seized on this and life was difficult for a while. My hunting partner is a Texas judge and realized how to solve the problem. A discreet discussion and $40 solved the problem. This only reinforces TIA, This is Africa. Namibia has one of the easiest if not the easiest gun entry and exit processes. When we were leaving Namibia, again the Judge, my hunting partner has a problem. The serial numbers on his rifle have an alleged discrepancy with the paper work. But if he makes a $10 donation to the inspector's daughter's soccer team, all will be well. Needless to say a team donation was at hand. I am very frugal and hate to spend money unless necessary , so The point being I will use a meet and greet to not only save time money and aggravation,and reduce my blood pressure by 10 points. Porsche73

It ain't the way it used to be, but it will do.