I bought several belts like the ones described above, they work well for the most part providing they are the wide style which fits jeans and not the thin dress pants type. My only gripes have been the stitching seems to unravel after 3 years or so and/or the belt begins to lose its stiffness in about the same time frame. This is with a full sized handgun rather than a compact or smaller and using an IWB holster with a wide contact area such as a Crossbreed. I use these for casual attire as they are inexpensive making it possible for me to buy them in black, brown, and whatever other color I think I need to match my clothes. They work

I also have a few of the "expensive" $60 belts and use them regularly too. The advantage to these are the stitching lasts much longer as does the stiffness of the belt. The color also lasts longer without showing wear and fading. These are typically the "duty" belts found at police supply stores in the $60 range these days. I have one that has been going strong for over 30 years of use averaging around 4 days a week. It will need replacing soon due to the wear of the buckle against the belt as I have used the same hole for over 20 years.

This is also the place I buy belts for dress slacks as the thin width of these belts are problematic for carry uses. Getting stiff enough leather is a real problem in the small belts and one will need to pay to get it. It might not be as difficult to find an adequate narrow belt if using a smaller gun but I prefer full sized guns which limits my options.

The average cost of the "expensive" belt is better than those of the "inexpensive" ones but the choices of the expensive ones are a little more limited. Black and brown in plain and basketweave are about it for choices from a police supply store but they fit my needs adequately. I figure the belts I have from there will last me until I can no longer manage a firearm.