I seem to "need" one more holster than I have.

As a bare minimum I usually have a good leather belt holster for my most favored handguns, a paddle holster for those I grab for any spur of the moment walk around the property, and an IWB for those I use for carry. I also have an equipment/duty belt with a holster capable of handling my bedside gun with weapon light.

Then there are a few "multi-use" nylon holsters for those pistols that are not carried very often but still make it out the safe. That is a half dozen in various sizes to encompass revolvers and semi-autos. These aren't really fitted but they get the job done. A couple of shoulder rigs/bandoleers for scoped hunting pistols rounds out the mix.

Oh, and as previously mentioned, at least one weak side holster for carry purposes. I have a "universal" slide that I picked up when I had surgery on my strong hand. For the couple of weeks I did not have use of my strong hand I felt that was sufficient. I might have to pick up a dedicated off side holster in the near future. I mostly have what I need for the strong side.

Holsters are like Lays Potato Chips- you can't have just one...