Glad you all have had such positive experiences. Mine hasn't been quite so rosy. But, admittedly, my experience with AR mounts has been limited to only one mount, which was the boat anchor that Burris markets, before I knew better. They were pretty bad, but squared up and worked fine with some elbow grease. It's been consistent as far as returning to zero, or scary close, but the machining isn't great by any means, and it's heavy as all hell. Just cheaply made.

I lap bolt gun rings without fail. But I don't run any one piece systems or any on pic rails. I had a local "smith" mount a scope several years ago while he had the gun to fix a bad base hole. He didn't lap the rings, or even use a bar or anything to align them correctly. Turned out to be a mess. I've mounted all my own since then. And had no issues. Unfortunately we have a serious lack of talent around here, for "smiths".

Hopefully this Aero mount will be pretty good. If not, it'll get the bar and slop put to it. And yes, I am a bit anal about some things. Not all for sure.