I'm 45 (soon to be 46). I went to work full time the day after high school graduation. Prior to that I worked part/full time for a farmer who had to pick me up everyday after football practice because I couldn't drive yet. April 3rd marked 23 years with the company I went to work for just before my 23rd birthday.

Our oldest daughter worked full time while putting herself through college and paid rent for an apt. while doing so. She will be 23 on Wednesday.

Our soon to be 21 yo daughter works part time and lives at home while putting herself through college.

Our 18 year old son works full/part time for a farmer while not in school. He will be going to Diesel mechanics in the fall while working at a JD Dealership and farming.

Our 17 year old son works part time for a farmer and picks up odd jobs here and there. He is more interested in his final season of football than anything else right now. Hitting the weights pretty hard.

So yes people under 50 are willing to get up and go to work, at least in this region of the country.

I have seen a lot of Gen Y kids come through our company that can't make it to work on time or they just keep moving from job to job looking for that elusive one where the rules are slack and the pay is good however.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...