The Wranglers made since 1982 are no more prone to roll over than a pickup assuming they have not been lifted. Even if they have been lifted they are no more prone to roll over if the truck is also lifted. They are rated as one of the safest to drive and one the cheapest vehicles to insure in the USA.

The versions made prior to 2007 will suck gas. Expect better fuel mileage in a Suburban or full size truck, even with the 4 cyl. Both the 3.8 and 3.6 engines made since then are capable of 20-24 mpg hwy if driven sensibly.

The 3.8 was used 2007-2011 and isn't terribly fast on the road but is perfectly capable off road and acceptable as long as you stay with stock 32" tires.

The 3.6 was introduced in 2012 and has 85 more HP. It will get down the road in a hurry and is a better choice if bigger 33-35" tires are wanted.

They all SUCK at towing. Most are rated at 2000 lbs, 3500 at most with 3.73 gears and only the 4 door version. If I planned on towing anything I'd look elsewhere.

I've had 4 over the years. They are a fun toy and I'd have no issues letting a teen drive one of the 1982 or newer versions. I know several people who died in accidents in the older CJ's. Lots of people rolled them, many slow roll overs off road where no one was injured. Wouldn't touch another of those and I've driven them plenty

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.