Originally Posted by horse1
I put this in the Labradar thread as well but my 1st range session with the radar was 4/17. I chrono'd 13 rifles and everything was more or less where I expected it to be based on ~10yrs of using the little green Chrony and picking the right lighting. My 257Wby was the lone question mark, it was running ~150fps faster than I expected, I'll have to make a couple more range sessions with it before deciding just what's what.

Everything .243, .257, .277, .284, .308, and .375 was flawless, picked up every shot.

I had 2 failures to pick up .224 75n A-max's out of 25 shots, 1 via 22-250, the other via 223AI. A buddy showed up and we picked up 9:10 .20cal v-max's as well.

It's simple to set up and there's no diddling about getting the bore lined up over anything, just point the big orange box at the target and turn it on. It'll calculate ES/SD and avg velocity of every shot string for you and displays the info on the screen as well as allows you to store up to 99 strings of 99 shots in internal memory. I guess there's some export to Excel stuff that can be done via SD card but I honestly don't keep that level of detail.

6 AA batteries were @ 50% after the 3hr range session after which I ordered their rechargeable battery for $25 as a guy could go through $25 worth of AA's pretty quickly.

Mirrors my experience from yesterday after playing around with the LabRadar from .243 up to .308.

The battery concern is easily remedied by grabbing a $20-$30 rechargeable pack having 16000 mAh or so (5V/1A). After having it on for 6 hrs or so it didn't make a dent in the battery status (20 sec screensaver / 40 sec trigger / trip at "trigger" / sensitivity: 1 / standard power)