I recently had to toss a dome tent that finally fell apart after 30 years, and have been going round and round on a replacement. I've been thinking a smaller Cimarron size for solo/summer use and a larger tipi for later season and up to 3 people (leaning towards the 6 man). I've been on the verge of pulling the trigger on a Cimarron and adding a tipi down the road a bit. Now I see the Redcliff and that definitely looks like one shelter that would work for everything rather than buying two.

Having no prior experience with any of these types of shelters, the Cimarron has appealed to me as it seems would be easier/quicker to set up/take down on shorter weekend type trips. The 6 man tipi seems like it may be more than I want to deal with in those scenarios, but I suppose it's just a matter of how many stake out points you're dealing with. Looks like maybe 8 on the Cimarron and 16 on the 6-man with the Redcliff somewhere in between?

With the weights of these shelters in the mid-3lb to +/-5lb range, they all seem light compared to my old 7-1/2lb dome tent...