Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
A guy comes into your place of business and explains his vehicle is out of gas and needs repairs for him continue his move across Country. He pulls out a very nice Vintage Krag that is in excellent shape.

He then asks if you are willing to hold it for thirty days against a loan of $300 dollars so he can repair his vehicle and finish his trip. He makes the promise "I will be back before 30 days is up" so you loan him the funds.

Thirty days go by and you are admiring and showing your new Firearm to close friends and Family. On the Fortieth day, 10 days late, the guy shows up and claims he got held up due to circumstances beyond his control but he has the money and would like the Gun back.

He goes on to explain how priceless it is to him because it was the very Firearm his Great Grandfather used while in Cuba fighting the Spanish American War. The Firearm is indeed period correct so he is more than likely telling the truth.

What would you do?

If the man has turned up with the money the rifle doesn't belong to you.

Yep...It never was mine...I had to trust him too. He could have just reported it stolen and I would have went to jail the next time it was run. He would have got it back without paying the money and I would have went to jail on top of it.

This was one of the things I did indeed consider in this decision. smile

My cash back...risk gone.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.